Romantic bouquets of rose flower petals will come to its end. As pretty as they are, the blossoms are getting to wither. However, you can groove on them for a longer time by creating any craft or keepsake. It is the best way to make the bloom become a beautiful addition even after drying out.
Whether you would like to use the rose petals only or the whole flowers for a craft, there are round up of DIY inspirations to create from the wilting blossoms. Therefore, this article provides several creative tutorials on how to make decorative accents, wall art projects, and homemade gifts.
- 1 1. Rose Milk Bath
- 2 2. Aromatic Bath Bomb
- 3 3. Rose Petal Filled Heart
- 4 4. Decoupage Votive Candle
- 5 5. Dried Rose Frame Art
- 6 6. Candle Holder with Wax Paper and Petals Silk Flowers
- 7 7. Dried Rose Beads
- 8 8. Shadow Box with Red Rose Petals
- 9 9. Rose Petal Greeting Cards
- 10 10. Rose Petal Memory Capsule
- 11 11. DIY Flower Petals Tray
- 12 12. Bridal Shower Decor
- 13 13. Rose Water
1. Rose Milk Bath
DIY rose milk bath is a great spa craft for a gift-ready inspiration. With handy and quick steps, you will not spend lots of time on the homemade project. Here are the materials and methods to create this enchanted and creamy recipe.
- Double-stick tape
- Mixing bowl
Milk Bath Ingredients:
- 30 grams of rose flower petals
- 375 ml powdered milk (nonfat)
- 30 grams of salt
- Rose essential oil
- 30 grams of baking soda
- Recycled jelly jar
- Swarovski gemstones
- Purple satin ribbon
- Glossy cardstock
- White and Blue-violet spray paint
- Adhesive gem-tac
- Prepare a mixing bowl and put the powdered milk, baking soda, and salt into it. Mix with the chopsticks.
- Blend the mixture with ten drops of rose essential oil and the flower petals. Stir them well.
- Divide the rose milk bath into the jelly jar.
- Embellish the jar by painting the lid with white as the primer color and blue-violet for the second coat. Tie a bow the neck with the ribbon.
- Design a label and print it on the glossy cardstock.
- Decorate the label with the gemstones. Use a toothpick and gem-tac to attach the Swarovski on the surface.
- Glue the label to the front jar with the double-stick tape.
2. Aromatic Bath Bomb
Enjoy a relaxing spa day at home with a DIY aromatic bath bomb. Use it for yourself or gifts to the beloved ones. Follow the instruction of creating this craft with rose flower petals.
- Dried rose petals
- 3 oz corn starch
- 118 ml sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, or olive oil
- Soda water
- 7 ml of almond biscotti fragrance oil
- 340 grams of baking soda
- 237 ml citric acid
- Mix cornstarch with citric acid and baking soda in a bowl. Use a small strainer to create a smooth mixture.
- Add fragrance from the options of essential oil.
- Pour soda water to the mixture but do not add too much. Then, mix again to make soft dough.
- Scatter the rose flower petals in a mold for a charming effect. (optional step)
- Mold the dough or shape it by using hand to make a ball bomb.
- Your lovely bath oil melt is ready.
3. Rose Petal Filled Heart
Go with creativity to use this heart of rose flower petals for scenting the drawer, decorating a cushion, or just simply hanging up the craft with a ribbon loop. Learn more about the procedures on how to make this romantic handmade decor as follow.
Materials and Tools:
- Dried rose petals
- Sheer fabric (voile, muslin, or chiffon)
- Heart-shaped button
- Thread and needle
- Prepare large and small heart-shaped templates. The sizes are about 4 inches and 1 inch wide.
- Cut two pieces of the fabric into heart shapes. Then, make another smaller one.
- Stitch the small heart-shaped fabric with the button in the center of the large piece.
- Gather two pieces of the fabric and sew the edge. Remain a small hole on one side.
- Fill in the heart fabric with dried rose flower petals and sew the gap.
- The rose petal filled heart is ready to be used as a drawer fragrance, cushion embellishment, or hanging ornament.
4. Decoupage Votive Candle
Decoupage votives are great ideas of crafts with rose flower petals. They are long-lasting pieces that festive for any occasion. You can modify the original tutorial to suit your style and need. Importantly, it can provide a charming glow in the room.
What You Need:
- Glass votive holder
- Rose petals and leaves (fresh or dried)
- White tissue paper
- White craft glue
- Paper towels
- Wax paper
- Small bowl
How to Do:
- Firstly, if you use dried rose flower petals, soften them by soaking in a cup of water.
- Secondly, rip tissue paper into 2 cm squares instead of cutting the piece to get a smooth result.
- Thirdly, make a mixture of watercraft glue in a bowl.
- Then, dry out the soaked rose petals with paper towels and flatten them inside a small book.
- Next, put the petals on the wax paper and tear the leaves into small parts.
- After that, start decoupage by using the glue mixture to paint both sides of the petal and place it on the glass. Do the same way with the leaf pieces for the bottom section of the votive.
- Last, cover the whole glass with the torn of tissue paper and decoupage the surface with a second coat. Before inserting a tealight candle, let your finished votive dry for one night.
5. Dried Rose Frame Art
You can create artwork from flower petals with monogram or wall frame. Utilize the completely dried rose or crush the wilted blossoms to create a meaningful decorative accent. Let us have a look at the steps to make this craft.
- Dried rose or other flower petals
- Cardstock and frame
- Foam craft brush
- Small bowl
- Ziplock bag
- Put the dried petals in a ziplock bag and squeeze them into tiny pieces that look like flakes of glitter.
- Paint the cardstock with your favorite color. Set aside and let it dry out.
- Then, draw a monogram on the cardstock.
- Next, brush some glue over the letter.
- After that, cover the glued area completely with crushed rose flower petals.
- Finally, add a frame to the monogram and create another initial name or just attach a dried cut flower to the cardstock. Personalize the craft as desired.
6. Candle Holder with Wax Paper and Petals Silk Flowers
Another good idea to embellish a candleholder is by using some pieces of nature. However, you can use silk roses or any material that is available at home. Personalize with your design to create this pretty craft.
Things You Will Need:
- Glass candle holder or vase
- Fresh rose or silk flower petals
- Wax paper
- Parchment paper
- Double-side tap
- First, cut the wax paper to fit the glass surface and twice the size.
- Fold the paper in half and place the petals and leaves inside it.
- Then, put the folded piece between a plywood and parchment paper.
- To secure the petals and leaves in the layer, pressure with a hot iron to melt the folded wax paper.
- After that, wrap the paper around the glass with double-sided tape. Add a candle for the light.
- Make another style with silk rose petals by decorating the bottom surface of the glass with the flowers and leaves.
7. Dried Rose Beads
Transform an abundant yield of rose flower petals from the garden into generous beads. You need simple materials and steps to make this handmade craft. Follow these instructions below.
- 10 liters of fresh rose petals
- Steel wire
- Sewing needle
- Put a half-full of flower petals to a blender or food processor. Add some water if necessary, and crush them well.
- Boil the mixture with plenty of water for about one hour. Let it cool and repeat the process twice for five days.
- Pour the brownish mass into a cloth and squeeze it.
- Then, form tiny balls from the rose mass and place them on a paper towel to dry out for two days. Keep apart from one to another.
- Next, cut steel wire at a length of 20 cm and push the end through each rose ball. Use 20 beads for one piece.
- Dry the rose balls with the wire until getting hard and dark for five days. After that, pull the beads from the steels.
- The last step is threading the balls on floss or string to make the scented rose beads.
8. Shadow Box with Red Rose Petals
Creating a shadowbox from flower petals will be interesting since you can use your DIY project as a decorative ornament to any room. It is a smart idea to display the wilting rose bouquets. Thus, here is a simple guide to making the homemade craft.
- Dried roses
- Shadowbox frame
- Hot glue gun
- First, trim the stems and leaves of the roses.
- Then, arrange the flower petals into a heart shape on cardstock. Attach the bottom of the roses on the surface with hot glue.
- After that, mount the heart-shaped roses on the shadow box frame.
- Finally, the project is done. Hang the craft on the wall or display it on the shelf.
9. Rose Petal Greeting Cards
Greeting cards that embellished with pressed flower petals can be a fun crafty project to do with kiddos. However, if you do not have this natural material and cannot find a place where to buy rose petals, just simply draw some beautiful blossom for decoration. Read on the steps below.
- Rose petals
- White or colorful papers
- Start pressing the flower petals with the stems and foliages inside a notebook and place a heavy thing on it. Leave for two weeks to be dried.
- Then, create a card from a large white paper. Fold into half and attach the dried rose on the front side by using glue.
- Alternatively, you can draw a butterfly on a paper. Use the rose petals for the wings. Be creative to make another design on your greeting cards.
10. Rose Petal Memory Capsule
It looks so beautiful when you display a bouquet of rose flower petals in clear glass. Use the craft as a Christmas ornament or centerpiece on the coffee table. Have a look at the instructions as follow.
- Fresh rose flowers
- Plastic capsule or glass ornaments
- Remove the flower petals from the stem.
- Then, put them into a clear plastic or glass capsule ornament.
- Add ribbon to the top part of the capsule if you want to hang the craft on a Christmas tree.
- Besides, leave the capsule without ribbon to display the rose glass ornament on the table. It is up to your taste.
11. DIY Flower Petals Tray
Embellish your plain white tray to be more beautiful with some dried rose flower petals. Keep reading to learn how to create this versatile craft.
- Dried rose petals
- White tray
- Epoxy resin
- Craft glue
- Stick and paper cup
- Gather all rose flower petals to be pressed inside a book for five days.
- Then, arrange each part of the rose on the tray. Stick every piece with glue.
- Next, make an epoxy mixture in a cup and pour it into the tray. Use a stick to cover the tray smoothly with resin. Set aside to make it dry for several days.
- Finally, the tray is food safe when it is completely dried. Use it for a special breakfast.
12. Bridal Shower Decor
A romantic bridal shower decor with flower petals for wedding is an amazing idea for a special day. From banners, decorations, cupcakes, and centerpieces can use both fresh and dried roses as embellishment.
To create the centerpieces of flower petals, use pink and gold teacup sets with some fresh roses as decoration. Moreover, you may accentuate the framed pictures of the happy couple with a piece of lace and dried rosy blossoms.
13. Rose Water
For a beauty treatment, you can make homemade face mist from flower petals. It will keep your skin moist and healthy. The materials include dried rose, spring water, a funnel, a glass bowl, a nut milk bag, and a spray bottle.
The first step is to boil the water with a handful of dried rose petals. Keep simmering until they lose the color. After turning off the heat and getting cool, squeeze the liquid in the nut milk bag to the bowl. Then, pour it into a spray bottle for daily use.
In conclusion, some creative ideas are available to create various homemade crafts from the wilting flower petals. The inspirations above will much or less help you to enjoy the imperfections of the dried rose that last forever. Happy crafting!